Sunday, June 21, 2009

How I spent my pre-vacation vacation

Remember when I went to see Goats on a Roof with my in-laws, and the store was decidedly lacking goats on their roof because it was not quite springtime and apparently goats don't appreciate having to graze on a roof when it's still snowing out?

Well, after we went camping with people from our church this weekend, we all decided to take a detour to the Goats on a Roof store, and look who I met!

Billy Goat!

That's not even with zoom or anything! I just held up my cellphone and snapped a picture of him. I like that he's standing right behind the sign that tells us that we can't feed him.

Also, we explored the beaches near Parksville, where the tide goes out forever, and Chris collected sand dollars for me. And I got a little bit of a sunburn, right before I remembered that I should put on sunblock.

I'm glad we got to do a tiny bit of vacationing on this whimsical island, days before we leave for our summer in Saskatchewan.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Sounds lovely!! You are certainly living in an amazing little pocket of the country.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

You're going to have to head up to Coombs the next time you're on the island! It's really near Cathedral Grove, which is an amazing old-growth forest.