Tuesday, December 12, 2006

How this essay will know I mean business

Here's a photographic variation on an old (QoWP) classic. I'm trying to be really productive today: this morning, I edited that last essay and handed it in. Then, I came home, planned out the next one, and have written the first two sentences. My plan is to have this essay written by Thursday, so that I can move on to the final assignment in my directed reading course, the annotated bibliography. This essay only needs to be 5-6 pages long, but I've been taking a notoriously long amount of time on these short papers. I need to maintain the momentum that I set last night and this morning, and have two pages written before I go to bed. (I'm tempted to say "I want to have most of the first draft written by the time I go to bed," but I'm starting off with baby steps, and I only have three and a half hours until Chris gets home from work.)

But I've decided that it's time to start busting out the old productivity tricks.

I am wearing:

From top to bottom - navy zip-up bunnyhug, knit handwarmers by my friend Kat, grad dress (it was from Value Village and I think it was a bridesmaid's dress from the '70s), wedding shoes, painted toenails.

My workspace:
I'm set up at my desk again, with lit candles (in the lanterns). I'm only consuming water right now, because that makes me even more clear and energetic than tea does.

To my right:

Space heater, keeping my silly feet warm, and depressing carpet. (To my left: the ever-present rubber-soled slippers, in case my feet get too cold.)

My hair:

The ubiquitous bobbly pigtails. It is very difficult to take a picture of the back of one's own head.

Music (not pictured): my entire iTunes library. I'm feeling like variety tonight.

With these forces combined, the essay won't know what hit it!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You look totally different from how I always imagined you. For some reason I thought you had dark curly hair.

Freaky. (Not that you are freaky. It's freaky when people are different from what you imagine.)

Anonymous said...

Wow. You look totally different from how I always imagined you. For some reason I thought you had dark curly hair.

Freaky. (Not that you are freaky. It's freaky when people are different from what you imagine.)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Ha! Glad that my self-portrait freaked you out so much. Apparently you missed my era of Obsessive Hair Blogging. My hair is neither dark nor curly. It's more ashy blonde (ocassionally dyed reddish) and annoyingly straight and lanky. My sister, on the other hand, inherited all the dark curly hair genes.

Anonymous said...

No one can write a bad essay in wedding shoes. NO ONE!

Maybe I should pull mine out for grant writing ;)

arimich said...

I love your psychedelic princess dress! 'Member when you wore that to the first IV dance party? That was fun. :)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Ari, that isn't my psychedelic princeess dress! That one is neon pink and has big flowy sleeves. This one is my fuschia grad dress.

And kf - I highly recommend wearing wedding shoes for grant writing.

Shannon said...

You are pretty much the cutest ever. You know that right?

arimich said...

Oh right! Now I remember. Although in my defense, I never said that you were wearing the pyschedelic princess dress, just that I liked it. Which I do. And you look pretty in both. :)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Shannon: I more than suspected.

Ari: right. And check your e-mail. And send me your phone number.