Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween Fireworks, Year 2

Last year, I entertained my readers with the Prairie Kids' Incredulity That People in BC Set Off Fireworks at Halloween. Apparently, this year we've drunk the Kool-Aid.

Chris and I were meeting up with our friend Tanis in Chinatown (note: Tanis is not the Asian woman pictured on her homepage), to show her around the city. Most of the stores in Chinatown were advertising all of the fireworks they had. Because of course Chinatown's the place to get good fireworks. Did I mention that the sale of fireworks is entirely unregulated in this province? This blew the mind of my husband, the former camp director who is trained in fireworks safety. The really good price for fireworks also blew his mind.

He convinced me to let him buy one (large) firework. Its name is "The Widowmaker."

5 comments:

LynnieC said...

Considering Chris's track-record, do you really think that was a wise decision?

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Doesn't it sound like the worst idea ever? Especially considering the fact that Chris has already blown up his hand once? And considering the fact that this firework is called "The Widowmaker"?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, The Widowmaker, I think I know it!

He should ahve a good time.

Anonymous said...

To be fair, this does not mean Chris will blow himself up. Guys can be widows too.

LynnieC said...

Technically, guys are widowers. It's one of only a few words in the English language that has the feminine as the more commonly used version of the word.

Huh. Anyone else no longer wondering why I'm not married?