Friday, October 13, 2006

Cozy Friday Evening Meme

Via jo(e), originating from the RevGalBlogPals and their Friday Five meme:

1. Comfort beverage: tea, which may be apparent. Especially jasmine, or a flavoured green tea. Or peppermint with honey, because that's what my Grandma used to give me. (Served in a teacup with saucer, or in my mug with a stick figure that says "Girl" on the side.)

2. Comfort chair: currently, it's the right corner of the overstuffed leather couch that my friend lended us, but that's because it's the only comfortable chair in the entire house. Really, although it's not set up, the hammock chair.

3. Comfort read: Books written for young readers. A tie between any book written by L. M. Montgomery, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, Now We Are Six by A. A. Milne, and Little Women/Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott.

4. Comfort television/DVD/music: For television, that would be something like Gilmore Girls. For movies, it's You've Got Mail and Little Women. For music, Simon and Garfunkel. Also the Christian compilation Streams (whenever I'm grieving I listen to that one continually).

5. Comfort companion(s): The top one would be Chris, of course. He calms me so easily, and takes me for walks and plays board games and drinks tea with me. It's lovely doing absolutely nothing with him. But Janny, Brandy, Ky, Karl and Meg are up there, too, in different ways.

3 comments:

arimich said...

Why is your hammock chair not set up? It's the best thing ever. And I love Now We Are Six. I brought it here with me and I read it whenever I need something happy. You have good taste.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I'm not sure that George and Joyce would be too happy with us having the hammock screwed into the ceiling. And they're down here a lot, comparatively speaking. We're looking into getting a frame for it, but that's pretty expensive.

Matt said...

"...that my friend lended us..." All I can say is [sigh].

Oh, and ouch. I think I can handle not being one of the people that make you laugh, but also being excluded from the list of comforting people? Ouch.

By the way, how was Vinyl Tap? I didn't have a chance to listen to it last night.