Friday, September 08, 2006

Just one meme and then I'll go to the University

Since Pilgrim/Heretic nominated anyone else who hasn't done this meme already, and since I'm procrastinating...

1. Three things that scare me:
  • sharp objects (especially knives)
  • having my house burn down
  • being kidnapped

2. Three people that make me laugh: (Oh man, this one's going to get me in trouble, because I can only list three!)

  • Ky
  • Lyn
  • Oddly enough, Karl. But not his super-serious blogging persona.

3. Three things I hate the most:

  • problems caused by my own neglect/passivity/stubbornness/lateness
  • super-aggressive drivers who try to force me to speed when it's dark and the road's unfamiliar and windy
  • washing dishes

4. Three things I don't understand:

  • How things like computers, televisions and telephones really work. (Like, I understand the science behind them, but how does my voice really travel that far? Please don't try to explain it to me.)
  • Enough German
  • How it could be after 10:00am, and I'm still in my pyjamas.

5. Three things I'm doing right now:

  • Procrastinating
  • Blogging (obvious much?)
  • Planning my day

6. Three things I want to do before I die:

  • Take Chris to Europe
  • Become fluent in German and French (can you tell that I've been studying German today?)
  • Publish both an academic book and a non-academic book

7. Three things I can do:

  • Make pies
  • Touch my nose with my tongue
  • Play the flute

8. Three ways to describe my personality:

  • Optimistic (especially about the amount of time it will take me to do anything)
  • Some girls at my high school once described me as "entirely without attitude, which is kind of eery." Whatever that means.
  • Moderately emotional.

9. Three things I can't do:

  • Estimate, or do any other sort of math in my head
  • Whistle
  • Ride a bike

10. Three things I think you should listen to:

  • Phil Ochs
  • Waves washing over a rocky beach (I think it's my new favourite sound)
  • CBC Radio on Saturdays

11. Three things you should never listen to:

  • Anyone who tells you to lower your standards in relationships (unless your standards are like "I only date 7 foot tall blonde men.")
  • Most of my stories. Sometimes I exaggerate for dramatic effect.
  • About half the songs that Don McLean sang (seriously, some of it's so good, and then he busts out with "I lalalalalala love you, and I lalalalalala care.")

12. Three things I'd like to learn:

  • Internal structure
  • German
  • How to accompany on the piano

13. Three favorite foods:

  • Cream of broccoli soup with grated cheese in it. (I could eat this daily)
  • Krumkake at Christmas time.
  • Who am I kidding? It's a tie between day-0ld Pizza Hut stuffed-crust pizza (served cold), and O.B. Kitchen chicken fried rice (especially day-old and cold). Don't worry; I disgust me too.

14. Three beverages I drink regularly:

  • Water (I drink bottles and bottles of it every day)
  • Apple juice
  • Tea. About a pot a day of tea.

15. Three shows I watched as a kid:

I like P/H's bonus round:

16. Three things I have on my desk:

  • Chris's huge water cup (it's one of those X-Treme Big Gulp cups, but he uses it for water), for some reason (has he been using my computer?)
  • My German books
  • Two framed photos: one of my family, and one of my little Grandma.

17. Three things I am grateful for:

  • Chris
  • The wonderful grad students in my department (I had a really good time at our barbeque last night), and the supportive faculty we have.
  • All of you!

And I'm going to be characteristically lazy, and not tag anyone. Fill this out if you want to.

9 comments:

arimich said...

I don't think I would ever have described you as being without attitude. Especially when you point your finger and say, "Watch your back, Chambers," or other things like that.

LynnieC said...

Hurray! I make you laugh! I'm doing the robot at work now to celebrate. Don't worry, I'm alone in my office.

Side note: when I read "Krumkake" I totally pronounced it like 3 different syllables. It's more fun that way.
kruhm-kah-kee (thanks to Partners for my mad pronunciation guide skills)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

The funny thing is that my family (and some other Norweigans) spell it Krum Kaga, and pronounce it as "Crooom Kaga." But I googled it and everyone else calls it Krumkake.

Oh, and: Watch your back, Chambers.

Bronwyn said...

Please, as if "lalala care" isn't the funniest thing ever. I mean I wouldn't listen to the rest of his stuff, but that is great.

arimich said...

Bring it.

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Saturday CBC radio ROCKS! I have the biggest radio-crush on Ian Brown.

What's internal structure?

Queen of West Procrastination said...

See: the entire fact that I'm the Queen of West Procrastination. I have no self-control.

Anonymous said...

I am, like, so upset about the Don MacLean remark. "I lalalala care" is meant to be tongue in cheek. It's supposed to make you laugh. The man is genius. Come on! Vincent! Babylon! And I Love you So!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

That's why I said half! Half of it's brilliant! And I couldn't come up with anything to tell people not to listen to. 'Cause seriously? Of COURSE you listen to my stories! Even with the exaggeration!