1. Warm, sunny day. And this morning my errands involved walking to the cheese shop and buying goat cheese and a baguette. Nothing makes me feel more Parisian than walking around on a warm spring day with a baguette tucked under my arm. And what a nice way to start off a day where I threw a tea party for the old ladies at my church! (They all have birthdays at the same time.) With pink cupcakes, a strawberry mousse cake (which I did not make) and quiche!
2. That birthday party was just so fun. We had more than enough food, we managed to fit around my table, and my little old ladies had a good time (we younger ones did too). And they washed my dishes at the end! (I can't wait until I live somewhere that has a living room and dining room bigger than a postage stamp, because it really makes me happy to have people crowded around my table.)
3. I tried making quiche for the first time ever, and it worked so well! I made two: one was tomato and goat cheese with basil, and the other one was broccoli, mushroom and cheddar. I'm glad I made two, because the nine of us made them disappear quickly. I think I'm going to add quiche to my regular repertoire. (I'm sure Chris would appreciate that.)
4. Chris and I went for a drive this evening, because it was too nice out to stay inside but I was too exhausted to go walking. I don't go to see the ocean nearly often enough, and it always makes me happy.
5. We've now stayed up late (it's much later than the time stamp lets on) watching Mamma Mia! and singing along.