1. On Friday I'm going to host a birthday party for all the old ladies in my church. Somehow, they all managed to have birthdays within a couple of weeks of each other, and for years we've talked about having a party for all of them together, with all the women from our church (that tiny group of us). And so I invited them all to come have a party at my house on Friday at 1:30. I don't know if we'll all fit around the dining room table, but I'm excited. It promises to be the cutest time ever.
2. I already had planned on making a quiche for the party (everyone's bringing something), but I decided that I also wanted to use up some strawberries that we have in the fridge, and bake something. And I found the perfect recipe: I'm going to make strawberry cupcakes. You puree the strawberries and so the cupcakes are pink. Pink cupcakes for a party with old ladies! And I don't even need to buy anything to make the cupcakes. There's something oddly satisfying about realising that you have all the ingredients you need for making strawberry cupcakes.
3. My brain was full of stress, as I kept putting off a million tasks, and so today I made a list of everything that I've been avoiding and I've already started crossing things off the list.
4. I really like H-Net! Andrea finally made me sign up for a few of their mailing lists, and I don't know why I didn't do this ages ago. I feel way less out of the loop now. (And German history book reviews in my inbox at the end of every day!)
5. Lynnie's in Victoria! Tomorrow we're going to watch Jane Austen movies and sing about Col. Brandon's mullet (in the PBS Sense & Sensibility) in our best Hair Band Voices. Chris will be glad he's at work.