Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mid-Tuesday Grace in Small Things

I was too tired to write last night, and feeling a touch whiny, and so I'll post now.

1. Nothing wrong with my kidneys, huzzah! I just got back from the doctor, and from what she can tell, it looks like I'd had a mild bladder infection last week, but I managed to knock it out of my system already with all that cranberry juice I've been guzzling, and the back pain is just my hips acting all crazy again. So no medication, no looking forward to crazy lots of pain, and all I have to look forward to is an extra trip to the chiropractor.

2. I promise to never tell you about my urinary system again. Pinkie promise, in fact.

3. This isn't so much a "small thing," but Glenn started talking on Sunday! His memory and his personality are intact, and he can now communicate. These things are huge and his family is so excited.

4. I got to talk on the phone with my grandpa today! Today is his 85th birthday. I was talking with a bit of a Norwegian accent for the next half hour after that.

5. It's fun talking with my grandma about how she's going to be a great-grandma for the first time (thanks to my cousin Ang) at the end of October. I'm glad that the first great-grandchild will be one that will live on the farm across the road from Grandma and Grandpa. (Wow: two-fifths of my Teen Girl Squad will be having babies the month that I fly to Germany. We must be grownups or something.)

No comments: