Monday, March 09, 2009

Well, for goodness sake

This has officially been the weirdest winter we've had since I moved here. Well, parts of it have been "the most normal, compared to the rest of the country, but weird compared to what is normal for Victoria," if you know what I mean.

So, it's snowing again! Gigantic, swirly snowflakes are covering the crocuses, the daffodils and the cherry blossoms. We're not supposed to get as much snow as Vancouver (that city has nearly had a Normal Canadian Winter this year), but seriously! Doesn't the weather know that people travel here to escape the snow?

(Snow in December and January: "Hooray! I'll feel less homesick." Snow in March = "Well, seriously now people. Can't you see that flowers are blooming?")

(Mostly this is a note to my in-laws: I don't know what kind of weather we'll be having next week!)

No comments: