Sunday, March 01, 2009

GiST Day 40

1. Yes, I missed updating this yesterday. But the lovely thing is that it was because we got home late from being over for supper and Cities and Knights of Catan with good friends.

2. I braised pork ribs for supper today, and for the liquid I made my own barbeque sauce and then thinned it out with Dr. Pepper, lemon juice and hot sauce. And then when the ribs were done (after three hours on low heat), I took out the meat and reduced the braising liquid down into a glaze. I brushed the ribs with the glaze, and then threw them under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Hands down, the best ribs I've ever made.

3. Okay, I didn't work much today. But I did a lot of creative cooking. (I also made spicy pumpkin soup this afternoon.) And that's always good for my brain.

4. My old ladies from church are the cutest. Pretty much all of them have birthdays within about a two-week span (at the beginning of April) and so I'm going to have them all over for a birthday tea in a month. It's going to be very cute.

5. Have I mentioned that I have the best in-laws possible? Because I do. It's really going to be nice having them out here for a visit this month.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that they're "your" old ladies! Seriously, I do love that... I'm not being sarcastic or critical... I think it's great!!! :)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Well, they are! Not that they aren't anyone else's old ladies; I'm sure that Ky could claim them as hers too. (And Chris. Actually, particularly Chris.)

Anonymous said...

Whoah, whoah, whoah! There's such a thing as pumpkin soup? That's amazing! I have to try this recipe sometime soon...