Monday, March 17, 2008

Lesson Learned

This weekend, Chris took his students to Mt. Washington (which, it turns out, is not in Washington but is actually on The Island -- Up Island, in fact), leaving me home alone for the weekend. Okay, I could have gone if I wanted to. But: a.) I'm preparing for my exams; b.) it would have cost us a bunch of money for both of us to go; c.) I didn't think I could handle a full weekend of teenagers. And so it was my choice to stay home alone.

With Chris gone for the weekend, I learned a big lesson: I've become a big wienie. I was completely non-functional when Chris was gone. I was so lost without him. I couldn't even go to bed at a decent hour, because I didn't feel like it and there were half-interesting shows on the Food Network.

And apparently I'm a paranoid mess when I'm home alone at night. Okay, I knew that one already. I haven't had to do that much ever, because I've never lived completely alone. Every night, I had to check to make sure the windows were locked. And I couldn't watch scary things on TV, or else my brain would take that and run. (Which was a shame, because Turner Classic Movies was showing Hitchcock movies this weekend. At least I'd gotten over myself by Sunday afternoon and watched Rear Window, which I love.)

It's official: I'm a wienie.

No comments: