Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One year later

Today my Dad reminded me that it's been a year since he had his trach put in. It's been a full year since we went through all that craziness, with the hospital stays and the intensive care and losing Grandma and temporarily losing our apartment. I went through my blog posts from the first few months of 2007, to compile a list for Dad of the updates that I put up (so that he could read the nice comments people left), and a bunch of things struck me at once:

1. I have a wonderful support network. Both in "real life" and in bloggy land. I don't know if I've said this before, but thank you.

2. Wow, I really did lose a semester, didn't I? I got spurts of work done here and there, and then would lose weeks because of all the stuff that happened and the resulting stress. I should stop beating myself up that it's taken me until now to get to my exams, and be proud of myself that we got through everything and that I'm finally here.

3. As of yesterday, we're four weeks away from my exams! Eeeek!

3 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn and Ari said...

Hi!
I've been lurking on jo(e)'s page for the last day or two (I may know something about the recent photo, though I'll never admit to as much in a court of law). I just had to stop by and say hi. I'm one of the green-people and am so looking forward to visiting your school and landscape. In the meantime, I've really been enjoying the introduction to your blog. Thanks!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Hey there Kathryn! Welcome! And I'll try not to question you on your connection to jo(e)'s photo. :)

I'm so excited about the Friendly Greens coming to town! I keep having to remind myself (and jo(e) keeps having to remind me) that it's another year and many months away.