Tuesday, February 27, 2007

As promised: bunnies

Trillwing requested that I post pictures of the campus bunnies, and now I'm finally complying! Here's the best shot that I got (I'll have to take my camera again when there are more baby bunnies around). There are more of them, along with pictures from my ramblings around Finnerty Gardens, in my Victoria set.

In other news: Dad's booked to get a tracheostomy late this afternoon. Actually, in about seven minutes. ("Sometime after 4pm" is all we know.) I'm not getting much productive done today. Except that I think I'll make banana bread. Somehow, baking is good therapy for me right now. (Exercising control over something?)

6 comments:

LynnieC said...

Oooh. You should go pack a suitcase.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Good call, Lynnie.

Leslie M-B said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's surgery. Ick. I hope it improves his condition considerably.

Thanks for the bunny photo. That's a cute rabbit. Who takes care of them? In Long Beach, there's a community college that has had rabbits living there for years. But because it's not really a bunny ecosystem, the campus (or someone related to the campus) feeds them and gives them vet care. It's kind of sad because they're probably all abandoned Easter bunnies. Though there was a small thundering herd of guinea pigs when I was briefly a student there.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

The bunnies are partially fed by the students (I know that there's a rabbit named Oreo who lives by the engineering building, and who is fed by the engineers), but also they eat grass and leaves and things. They're not entirely tame anymore. They're mostly treated as wild rabbits here (they're probably also the descendants of abandoned Easter bunnies, but they've lived here for ages now), except that the campus population attempts to protect them. (Not so much at the hospital on the edge of town, where they were determined to be a health hazard.)

I would love to see a "thundering herd of guinea pigs."

Anonymous said...

Dude, I have totally seen Oreo! I think he's Aimy and Jason's favourite bunny.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Ky, I heard about Oreo from you.