Friday, March 02, 2007

Apple Juice and Cinnamon Hearts

Time: 12:37pm

Location: My desk, with the space heater at my feet.

My house: chaotic! The painter just finished, and so all the furniture's in the middle of the living room and bedroom, waiting for the paint to dry. Which is why I'm exiled in the office.

Current occupations: reading blogs, bidding on the instructions for a Cuisinart food processor (we got one for free, but the instructions are missing; I've downloaded the instructions to the modern equivalent, but there are some things about this one that I still don't understand). (And it's at $4, with an hour and a half left in the auction.) Thus, I'm obsessively hitting "refresh" on that auction. A lot.

I have consumed: Two slices of banana bread, leftover pizza, apple juice, cinnamon hearts, nacho chip crumbs.

I am procrastinating from: doing laundry, reading the rest of a book, e-mailing professors. Walking the rent cheque upstairs.

What I am itching to do: Get everything in my house into its rightful place! Absolutely everything. Just clean and organise and not stop until it's all back to normal. Maybe hang some white lights and figure out what to hang on my bedroom walls.

But: Waiting for paint to dry. Almost as tedious as the clichéd watching of it. Also, some things can't go back until the baseboards are put back.

More reasonable plans: I'll make a cup of tea.

Song inexplicably stuck in my head: "Alice the Camel" (you know: "So go, Alice, go boom boom boom.")

No comments: