Sunday, February 25, 2007

Under His wings, I am safely abiding...

Mom just called: Dad's in critical condition. They've had the oxygen turned up to full blast, just to keep him functioning. And now they put a tube down his throat to make the breathing easier and are talking very seriously about a tracheostomy.

(I used to think that the words "Dad's in Intensive Care" were scary words. "Critical condition" are scarier words.)

I am still processing this information. And puttering about the house, doing everything carefully. And singing old hymns to myself.

9 comments:

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

(o)

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying!

Matt said...

My prayers are with you and your dad (and family).

Bella Sultane said...

Sending hugs and good thoughts -

Anonymous said...

we're praying too:)

Leslie M-B said...

(((Maryanne)))

This is too much to deal with in a lifetime, let alone this month.

Your family is in my thoughts.

Pink Cupcake said...

Thinking of you and your family, Maryanne, and hoping things will improve very, very soon. (Hugs)

Anonymous said...

(((0)))

Scrivener said...

(o)kb