Friday, January 26, 2007

Five Exciting Things Meme

Dr. T tagged me to list five exciting facts about me. I don't know that there's much that is exciting, but:

1. I now own the following clothing items with some kind of Batman or Batgirl logo or picture: one touque (aka knitted winter hat, or whatever Americans call them), three t-shirts, one cape. I also own a Batgirl Barbie. I think I have a superhero complex. No, wait: that's a dorky fact about me.

2. I can touch my nose with my tongue. (Creepy fact about me.)

3. I knew more about Canadian geography than my first fourth-grade teacher, before she got fired. (She claimed there were twelve provinces. This had nothing to do with her getting fired.) Then, I had to tell my second teacher that "Manitoba" didn't have an "e" in it. Both of them made me go to the school library to prove myself. (Depressing fact about my education.)

4. I've only had three bedrooms in my whole life. My bedroom at my parents' house, My bedroom in Meg and my apartment, and my bedroom here. (Boring fact about me.)

5. I was once interviewed for the news. For the CBC, in fact. And they took the one soundbite that actually contradicted everything else that I had said. I don't think I'll allow anyone else to interview me, after that. They also filmed me walking around and taking books out in the library, for filler footage for voice-overs. It was awkward.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your #3 reminds me of my grade 10 (and I repeat GRADE 10 -- you'd think they'd get people who have a clue to teach high school) Social Studies teacher who, all year long, called the "bourgeoisie" -- BER-GOY-ZEE. I wanted to shoot him every time he said it... I lost all confidence in anything else he taught me after that.

krisluvswool said...

Ah, we had a long term (read: practically permanant) substitute teacher that was so clueless that our other teacher (it was a team-taught "block") passively participated in our near-mutinous sabotages!

Anonymous said...

Brutal. When I was in grade 12, I had to explain to my geography prof the order of reading lattitude and longitude when written out. It is not "up the stairs, in the house," but instead, "in the house, up the stairs!"

Anonymous said...

good grief. Not prof, teacher. (Definitely not prof, considering he was a gym teacher teaching geography)

Teacher Lady said...

Three bedrooms your whole life? I had four bedrooms just within our house.
Room one: kicked out when Mike was born
Room two: moved out because you scratched the walls when you wouldn't sleep.
Room three: technically not a bedroom just a temporary residence until the basement was done
Room four: an azure blue dream.