Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Excuse the vague whininess of this whole post

One: My dad got out of the hospital today! He's still recovering, but he's well enough to be at home now. We're praying that his current treatment -- using a Bi-pap machine when he sleeps -- continues to help. Now, we can focus on mourning for Grandma and planning her funeral. The strange thing for most of us is her sudden absence: chocolates she won't be eating, conversations we won't be having with her, not needing to keep her walker in the car anymore.

Two: I'm very silly, and sometimes I don't make connections in my brain. Today I started the build-up for my allergy shots. I got my shot this morning and came home. I've had big plans for how I was going to spend my afternoon. I felt really well! I was going to get so much work done! And then I was suddenly hit by a wave of exhaustion. I couldn't figure out why, until I felt a slight twinge in my upper arm. Oh yeah: allergy build-up. For some reason, I always forget that the build-up period is always rough for me, as evidenced by this early blog post of mine. Essentially, until I get up to my full dosage, I'm reacting to all of my allergies at once. Weee!

Three: I nearly had to have a prayer meeting at my house this evening. Because the lady who normally hosted prayer meeting died at the beginning of the month, we've been having the meeting at different homes every week. When I got home today and the tiredness hit, I checked my phone messages to find one asking if we would host it tonight, because the family that was going to host it is having problems heating their house. There's nothing like feeling exhausted and looking over your "Can You Tell We've Both Had Bad Colds?" household, with the realisation that a bunch of seniors want to spend the evening in your living room. I was very relieved to get another call, telling me that they'd found someone else to host it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back online! I was beginning to worry over your lack of posting. My mind began to reel with all the negative possible explanations for your absence! I am SO relieved to hear your dad is out of the hospital (ie, still alive).

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!! Uncle David's back home!
Lyn and I are going to make him a card out of stamps.