Tuesday, January 30, 2007

And it's all better now

I got through to the Rogers guy immediately after that, and he admitted that it was their mistake and they're sending us a cheque for $21 right away. Much better. And then we figured out that are finances are going to be fine. Which always makes me feel better.

And then, we got talking about the conference we're attending (Chris is coming along because we get such a good deal on the hotel room and it's going to be at a cool place up-Island), and I decided to look up the hotel where we'll be staying. Our usual venue closed down, and so we had to go to a new place. I'd been sad that we weren't staying at the old place, because it was all old-worldy charming, with gorgeous ocean views from the windows. I hadn't bothered to look up the new place, because I expected that it would be boring and generic.

Dude. Why didn't we use this place before? Okay, so this place won't have the suit of armor in the hallway and the legend that the top floor is haunted. But there's an indoor swimming pool and cardio room! And it's still beach-front. And the rooms are super-nice and huge, with ocean view from the windows. And we'll be closer to big mountains.

And so I started planning the fun stuff we can do that weekend, and re-evaluating my conference schedule to figure out which sessions I could skip to go swimming or hiking. Now I'm cheerful again. I'm a sillyhead.

No comments: