Thursday, October 12, 2006

Actual pick-up lines that strangers have (unsuccessfully) attempted on me, listed for entertainment purposes:

1. "The museum is free...and so am I!" (Parisian Museum guard*, 2003)

2. "Junior Mints? Good choice." (Young man under the influence of something, assuming that I was also under the influence of something because I was slovenly dressed, buying Junior Mints and a Slurpee, and shimmying my shoulders to a U2 song at midnight on a Saturday night at a Calgary 7-11, I can't remember which year.)

*After I told him that, sadly, I am not free, his response was to sigh and ask, "Isn't that always the way?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The absolute worst used on me?
As I was walking a little (Female) papillon dog, a guy with little (Male) pugs stopped to chat as the dogs greeted each other:

"Oh look, they're just the right size for each other!"

As the guy was a pugly little shrimp himself I soooo wanted to respond: "I think he's a little small for her" but was too busy barfing in my mouth.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Ha!

And gramsey! I miss you! I'm going to send you an e-mail right now.