Monday, September 18, 2006

Don't let Shannon read this post...

She's not reading this, right? Just in case she is, I'm going to leave a few spaces, to keep her from reading. Shannon, don't continue reading this post.

***********
***********
***********
***********
***********
***********

The giant spiders are back. I just killed one with Chris's big dress shoe. They only seem to come out when I'm staying up late, when Chris has already gone to bed, most of the lights are out, and I've come to the point of tired where I'm just a little jumpy. That's when one of them dashes out from the darkened part of the house and into the light.

But, should Shannon ask you, reassure her that my house is spider-free as always, and that it's safe for her to stay at my house whenever she wishes. And that I didn't tease her about being a biologist who hates insects. Not at all.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Does Shannon hate insects, or arachnids? Or both?

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Both. She hates pretty much anything that falls into the insect, bug, arachnid, creepy-crawly category.

Matt said...

Biologists should appreciate all of nature's creations. Oh, and you should talk like a pirate today. Matey. Arr!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Hey! Is it International Talk Like a Pirate Day? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I wasted so much of it!

Shannon said...

Biologist do not have to appreciate all of nature's creations. That is a completely retarded stereotype. I like water stuff (like algae and kelp) and plants and birds and trees and squirrels and moss and stuff. There is nothing saying I have to like everything. I have to acknowledge their presence and how they affect ecosystems and stuff but I don't have to like them. That would be like saying a police officer has to like the criminals. He has to acknowledge them and deal with them, but he doesn't have to like them. There, rant finished.

Thanks for the warning Maryanne but I couldn't resist reading. I thought it might be about boys or something. But I know you were just kidding so it's okay.