Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday Morning Assorted Links of Procrastination

I swear that I'll get to work immediately after I finish this post!

Point the First: Everybody should mosey on over to Fumbling Towards Geekdom and check out the second Carnival of GRADual Progress. Applause to Styleygeek for doing an excellent job with it! (Check out the depressing section on grad students and money. One blogger points out that grad students make less per year than Wal-Mart employees -- and that's without even factoring out the amount that goes towards tuition -- while shrinkykitten illustrates that point by selling textbooks so that she can buy food.)

Point the Second: Now one of my Homestar Runner-fan friends needs to have a baby, so that I can buy that child a Trogdor onesie. I love that they designed a Baby Trogdor, just for the purposes of Trogdor baby clothes.

Point the Third (the serious one): Phantom Scribbler's news about LG's kindergarten teacher dealing directly with the bullying situation in his class has me reflecting sadly on D, the girl who bullied me from kindergarten to grade 8. (Seriously: D pushes QoWP and makes her cry? Let's make them share a locker! The situation's only getting worse? Let's make them share a locker through grade one as well! They'll become the best of friends!) What got me thinking sadly about D was Ianqui's comment, hoping that the teacher can address the bully's deep-seated issues early on. That's what got me praying for my elementary school bully, who stopped being my bully when she left school at grade 8 because she was pregnant. I hope she's okay now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you Googled her?

That's such a sad story on both ends. I empathize, though -- I was the kid who was always paired with behavioral problem types. I was supposed to be a good influence on them... while they were making me cry.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Yeah, I've tried Googling her, with no results. Either she's not very much on the Internet, or she's married and has changed her name.

On the other hand, I do know that (as of a few years ago), her kid was going to our old elementary school. I saw her at a Christmas concert, and she looked a lot healthier than she did when she was 13.

roger said...

If you no longer procrastinated, from whence would your next crown come?

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Roger, I don't think we're in any danger of me having my procrastination completely cured.

Although I may be receiving a plastic tiara from my three-year-old goddaughter, which may be the actual answer to your question.