A few notes that didn't fit with my last post:
1. I've now discovered that I'm pretty much one of the youngest grad students. There are a couple of first year MAs who are a couple of years younger than me, and then the rest of the gang is older than me. Among the first year PhD candidates I'm the youngest, and then the next up in age is five years older than me, and all the rest of them are the same age as my parents. That's just odd to discover, especially because the undergrad population is so ridiculously young here.
2. It's 11:00pm, and I should have done way more work today. Bad Queen.
3. The guy who burnt us the Battlestar Galactica DVDs called me "Starbuck" today. I was far too pleased with myself.
4. We roasted another duck today. This means that we'll be making duck soup and stew soon, which is funny because that'll be just before Chris's parents arrive. This is funny to me because, when my parents visited, we fed them every kind of duck dish imaginable, to the point that they probably don't think we eat any other meat. Now my in-laws will get the same treatment.
5. In the early afternoon on Monday, I'll be hosting a tea with the old ladies from my church. It's to celebrate three birthdays at once. We'll also be doing dessert fondue! (And also fruits and vegetables, for the diabetics and special diets in the crowd.) This will mark the first time most of them have seen my house. We are all excited. (I'm in with the old lady crowd.)
6. Did I mention that I had my last day of classes today? Yup, six more days until the first essay's due. But I'd better have it finished by Monday, because then I have the two big essays to plan and write. Oh, and a tea to host. And in-laws visiting for a week. But no more classes! And that's a good thing!
7. The song stuck in my head, for the past several days: "Jesse's Girl." And especially the line "I wanna tell her that I love her, but the point is probably moot."