Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Tale of Two Sick People

Chris has a cold. I have a cold. When we are both sick at the same time, we always respond to our respective colds in the opposite fashion. For example, at one church camp both Chris and I caught colds. It was as if we had switched personalities: I was always hot, he always cold. I was eating everything in sight, and he'd lost his appetite. The clincher was the he'd forgotten to wear his watch (Chris always knows what time it is), while I had my watch on.

This time, we're the opposites of each other, but have retained our respective personalities. Chris feels too hot, is wandering around in shorts and a t-shirt with bare feet, and keeps opening windows and going outside (that's when he feels best). I keep having hot showers, closing windows, bundling up, eating soup (!) and turning up the heat. I cannot get warm enough. Chris is a bundle of energy, as he tries not to get any worse. He feels better when things are clean, and so he's taken off cleaning! The office is a miracle, and now he's attacking the windows. I cannot make such claims for myself. I'm moving slowly, keep nearly falling asleep, and rejoice because I managed to do an entire load of laundry today. Folding it nearly killed me. I had to have Chris set up the drying rack, because it was too complicated for me and I kept getting frustrated.

I really can't complain about Chris's current response to his cold. Now let's hope he's able to sleep tonight (last night was rough for him; he was awake blowing his nose every hour).

And I'll...attempt to get reading done.

5 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Chris is usually more productive than anyone else. It's frightening. With this cold, it's just that we're both like characatures of ourselves.

arimich said...

Hugs for you both. I'm sorry you're sick. Have you tried taking frightening amounts of vitamin C? I'm sure you have, but I thought I'd suggest it 'cause it always helps me. Hope you get better soon. :)

krisluvswool said...

Awww! Feel better soon!!!! And good luck with the reading (though sometimes, it's better to just put the books down, accept you're sick, and rest for the day... you'll be better off tomorrow that way ;) ).

Meg Persson said...

I'm sorry you're sick, Mary. I'm sick too - I have shingles. :-(

I was thinking of you tonight as Karl and I watched the Oscars. He was most dissappointed by the win for "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp". You should have seen him rant. I had to laugh.

Miss you! Get better!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Shingles! First adult chicken pox and now shingles? Poor Meggy. I can't fathom how painful that is. I'm sending you hugs.

I love that "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" made Karl ranty.