Thursday, March 30, 2006

The downside of taking two days off...

Today's goal: have a thirty-minute presentation entirely planned, by the end of the day, to be given tomorrow. That's going to require quite a bit of research, as the presentation's based in one of my research essays. I'm going to have to understand the issues well enough to explain them to the class. I also have to take a moment to bus to the University, to photocopy and return that ILL book, to pick up those late papers, to get this Friday morning's readings (in case I decide to go to class on the morning), to get my allergy shots, and to fill in my time sheet. That all should take me a few hours.

I'm sure I can do this! I just can't procrastinate! Or, you know, get too exhausted. The funny thing about having something like this so pressing on my mind is that I was dreaming about the presentation. I worked out a bunch of different ways that I could conduct it. Okay, and sometimes it didn't make any sense, but a few of them were viable options. I think. I'm still waking up right now.

(Confession of the day: *Ahem* Somehow, a fourth season of Northern Exposure arrived in my mail yesterday. Good thing that Amazon.ca had a deal for 30% off, if you pre-ordered it. I now have to resist the urge to watch it, until after the busyness has passed.)

2 comments:

Pink Cupcake said...

Hope you are feeling a bit brighter today, and that you manage to have a productive time without getting worn out. Take care. :)

Shannon said...

Good thing you have a husband that knows the disaster that would be if you began watching that 4th season.

Good luck with finishing everything my dear. I am home now and had a wonderful time. You and Chris are so hospitable.