Sunday, February 05, 2006

Half a Room of One's Own

This organising frenzy has culminated in me getting a new workspace! Chris has been asking about what it would take for me to use my desk in our office, since I have clearly had an aversion to working there. (Meaning that the living room and our bedroom often ends up cluttered with my homework.) I admitted that the space made me feel trapped and lonely (it's this little out-of-the-way nook, which would be ideal for some people, but makes me feel claustrophobic). And so Chris took to moving around our office. The result is astonishing!

We moved the bookcase that was in front of the superfluous door (I think it leads to our landlord's garage, but they told we could put stuff in front of it) over to the corner where my desk used to be. And now? That nook is less trapped, and more inviting. I even put my exercise ball there, and it's going to be where we set up my hammock chair, once I get a frame for it.
It doesn't look like a lot yet, but it's more out in the open, and I'm comfortable working here.

In other news, as a result of today's psychotic storm, we had water coming in through our other office window. The one right over Chris's computer. Seriously, God's looking out for us, because we were in the office right when the window started leaking onto Chris's computer, and his computer was off because we were moving things around anyway, and so nothing was wrecked and we were able to move everything away from the leak quickly enough. The dining room window was also leaking, but it's the window where we keep all our plants, and so they just got watered.

And so now we'll see if Blogger posts this, because I haven't been able to access my blog for about half a day. Boo.

5 comments:

Leslie M-B said...

Oooh--nice new office space. That nook does look claustrophobic--I don't blame you for wanting to move your desk.

Uh, about the leak. . . Look out for mushrooms. :)

arimich said...

I like your new office space! And I see one of your teapots. You could do one of those picture activity things where you have to objects in the picture. "Can you find ALL of Maryanne's teapots?" :)

arimich said...

*that should have been, have to FIND objects in the picture.

krisluvswool said...

I love it! I definately feel the need for some fung shui in my appartment, but can't justify the time or expense until after comps and hen J and I combine our domestic domains!

And umm... I LOVE your little green teapot in the second picture s:) And that the blogger window is visible on your computer!!!! Enough posting. :)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I took the pictures while I was already writing the post. I also amused myself, later, by checking the post, which had a picture of my workspace, while sitting in that exact workspace.

I'm particularly fond of that green teapot. It came as a set, along with boxes of Numi tea, from Chris's "second mommy" (who did the toast to the groom). She also included a note about how we should use the teapot to build up our marriage, both by having people in for tea and by sitting down to talk over a cup of tea. And did I mention that the teapot has a locking thingy in the lid, so that you can pour without holding the lid? I'm in love.

I'm seriously tempted to blog the teapot collection.

And Trillwing -- great. That's what I need to start obsessing about.