Sunday, February 05, 2006

Further Confessional Photo-Blogging, Teapot-Style

Ariann expressed surprise at my claim that we own eight teapots. And so I went around the house and counted, and discovered that it's only seven, except that Chris counts the decorative kettle as an eighth and that's why he's always complaining about eight teapots. (And because we used to also have a chipped Brown Betty teapot, which was Chris's, but we gave that one to the Sally Ann).

And so, here you have The Teapot Collection:

1. My first teapot, of the Corel "Shadow Iris" collection. (I have more of this set, although I don't currently use much of them.)

2. I got this fabulous green tea set at a garage sale for something like $2. The old lady selling it could only remember that it was really old. I love using it for loose Jasmine leaves.

3. My in-laws gave us this set as a wedding shower present, because I really like the colours and the neat cups.

4. This set came from Chris's "Mommy Number 2" as a wedding present. The teapot is fantastically big, and so we normally use this set when we're both having lots of tea. (The tray came with the Parisian cream and sugar set, from our friend Elisia.)

5. This set (along with another cup, in the sink right now) came from Taiwan, from Ariann! It was made in a pottery village, apparently. I love it immensely.

6. This pot came with my half of Grandma's china (I got the serving dishes, in addition to a few place settings. Janny has the rest.)

7. And my beloved Bodum, of course! Perfect for loose teas.

So how can I help but have seven teapots?

10 comments:

Bronwyn said...

I love tea pots and i only have two (one for Jasmine tea - a little pot and one that I just got from Ky - its bigger and very cool). However, I do get to inherit my grandma's teapot with little blue flowers on it. I look at it longingly everytime I am there... but I don't want to wait til she dies to get it!!

Anonymous said...

I have to comment on the artistry of those photos. They are beautifully taken.

krisluvswool said...

I have the exact same Bodum! J got it for me as a birthday present a couple of years back. It's just such a gorgeous pot!

Anonymous said...

Alas, I only have four teapots. But I have over 50 teaCUPS - that must win me some sort of insane "who-in-the-world-is-ever-going-to-have-53-people-over-for-tea" prize. I've been collecting them for years.

I enjoy teapots #1 and #6 - they have the nice spouts which, I'm sure you know, make a big difference when you don't want to drip tea all over the table.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Actually, #7 has the best not-dripping spout, but you can't really see it too well in the picture. Here's a link to what it looks like. #1 looks like it does, but Meg and I had to put a little metal thing in the spout so it wouldn't drip so much.

And kristiface, I'm so in love with Bodum. Meg has one of their Assam tea presses (the kind with the plastic instead of the metal) and I sure missed it after I left. And so my mother-in-law got me that one for Christmas. Chris was all "We have seven teapots and you're asking for another one?"

arimich said...

You're totally going to end up as one of those crazy old ladies whose house is stuffed to the brim with teapots you've collected.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

And Jessica, don't be ashamed of your 53 teacups. If they don't all come in handy in one sitting sometime, they probably sure are pretty. And I can't criticise that. (When will I ever use seven teapots at once?)

LynnieC said...

When we have a very merry unbirthday celebration.

Obviously.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Of course! LynnieC always knows best.

Leslie M-B said...

How cool. I love collections. I wish more people would blog about them. They say so much about us as individuals and as members of a larger culture with neurotic hoarding tendencies. This neurotic hoarder salutes you!