Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Scientist's Wife

(For those who know us in real life.) Who does this sound like? "Tim Kehoe is just over six feet tall, with a build he prefers not to call 'portly.'... He is the embodiment of phrases like 'Minnesota nice' and 'Midwestern work ethic,' a shirt-off-his-back kind of guy who finishes what he starts and who's usually starting something. "

How about this? "Tim Kehoe has stained the whites of his eyes deep blue. He's also stained his face, his car, several bathtubs and a few dozen children. He's had to evacuate his family because he filled the house with noxious fumes. He's ruined every kitchen he's ever had."

The above quotes are from the Popular Science article about the guy who invented coloured bubbles. And the more that Chris reads this article, the more he's like, "He's me! I'm him! I want to do this sort of stuff!"

I guess I realised what kind of man I was marrying the day he blew up his hand in front of a science classroom. (Or before that, when he told me stories about filling his house with green smoke while experimenting with a circuit board...) However, after reading about Tim Kehoe, I think we need better insurance. This life, it's going to be interesting.

3 comments:

arimich said...

That's awesome! If Christopher ends up making stuff like coloured bubbles, I will give him gold stars and stickers. And I'll give you hugs and tea, for your wrecked kitchens. :) By the way, I think you should continue to post more about Christopher, since he seems to have given up posting about himself!

Anonymous said...

May you live in interesting times...

Yay Chris!

Anonymous said...

And this is why I love your husband.