Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Eatonia Oasis

So, now we've left town for a few days and we're spending the better part of the week out here in Eatonia. Where else would we honeymoon? I'm so glad, because I always feel so relaxed out here. I can really escape everything here; it's so beautiful and everyone's so nice. Someday I'd like to take Chris to Paris, and in a couple of weeks we're going to explore Vancouver Island, but for right now, here is the best place for me. After the stresses of last week, I need to be here.

I'm writing from the Eatonia library (open from Tuesday to Thursday), which operates out of an old train station. Of course I love it. We took a walk to the corner store to buy pork for supper, and later we're going to go swimming at the local pool. This afternoon, after we leave the library, we're going to the park to read. (Me: Catherine Marshall's Beyond Ourselves. Him: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. He had to wait a whole extra two days to buy it, because we got married the day it was released.) Tomorrow (because it's closed today) we're going to spend some time at my favourite tea house, Tea and Tassels on First (across the street from our place). We promised the owner that we'd visit when we were back. (And hey! Cheesecake and rooibos tea. I'm not complaining.)

Last week was a crazy mix of beauty, joy and horrible pain. I need this week: peace, healing and restoration. I need this summer, before the craziness of the PhD begins.

This has been brought to you by the Small Town West Central Saskatchewan Travel Board, with the message: "Who needs Hawaii? Niagra Falls? Bah!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tea and Tassels still cracks me up

Anonymous said...

Seriously weird The Graduate flashbacks happen...

Becca said...

wow... Mary's wed... nother round of shock comin' right up!... wink... love you...
Becca