The Far West Procrastination Tour:
Wednesday to Friday: Vancouver, sight-seeing, shopping and general "bashing around" with Karl and Ariann, fresh from Taiwan!!!
Friday to Sunday: Meet up with the Great Western Canadian Roadtrip (otherwise known as Derek, Becca et al), and then weddingifying in Abbotsford. (My friend Julia is getting married.)
Sunday to Wednesday: Victoria, where I will search for an apartment and meet with UVic people.
My goals for the Far West Procratination Tour:
- Find a suitable apartment. Bonus points for non-carpeted floors. Super bonus points for a washer and dryer.
- Buy a pretty dress in Vancouver for the Abbotsford wedding. Use said dress for wedding-related functions for the rest of summer.
- Find tea for Meg in Vancouver.
- Visit Chinatown for as long as possible, for Ari. Let her get really really excited, as only she (a cute ball of energy) can. We can all assume that she will try to use some of her new language skills at every occasion.
- Go to the Regent College bookstore, for Karl. Let him get to be his equivalent of Ari's excitement, which means he'll call things "capital" and analyse things in a more animated fashion.
- Visit with my friend Laura.
- I'm getting to sleepy to think about anything else. Let's think about the pretty dress a little more. Pretty.
Okay, I think it's sleepy time for Queenie. Well, I got a bunch of editing done tonight, and did a bunch of tour-related phoning. I've also sent out roughly a bajillion e-mails, and have ignored lingering feelings of guilt regarding things I've left undone this weekend.
If I update again before I leave, remind me to muse on Mosaic, our city's international festival. JCQ requested such an analysis, on her blog.