Friday, March 04, 2005

Trusting God With Tomorrow...

Tomorrow morning I have a meeting with my supervisor. That's really intimidating, because he's giving me back my introduction and Chapter One, with comments. And we'll be discussing them. Which means there's plenty of potential for him to tear them apart, which he is very capable of doing. (And which he apparently has already done to Mark, the other grad student working with Dr. B. And he corrected my grammar on my outline! It's an outline!)

My fears: that I'm completely off track, and that there's a heap more work to do on the first stuff. That I'm going to become discouraged by my meeting, thus making the writer's block far worse. (I don't do well with discouragement. If something discourages me, it's easier to pretend it doesn't exist than to persevere.)

I have very clear memories of my Honour's Paper now. Of that feeling like you can't even string together coherent sentences, much less provide some analysis worth reading. You'd think it would get better from here.

Exciting thoughts: I looked up the Spring/Summer course schedule for my University, and they're offering German 110, which is an intensive course which combines German 100 and 101! And it's being taught in the mornings through the months of May and June! This is very tempting. It is very hard to work on German by yourself, especially when you're me. (That syntax was funny.) I'm not sure whether this class is in the plans for me, but that might be a fun way to spend my mornings, during the two months before I get married. I did say that I'm going to spend those months learning German! I could have two months of insane immersion: mornings of class, and afternoons of German For Reading Knowledge. Then: look out UVic!

I need to discuss this with Dr. B.

And I really need to go to bed, so that I get up at a decent time tomorrow morning. I'm going to need to spend some time praying, because I really need to put this into God's hands.

1 comment:

Becca said...

hon I'm praying right now - You are amazing at what you do and God has gifted you... "do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest if you do not give up"... I think you writing your Masters is doing good, I think you leading girls group is doing good, I think the way you live your life for Jesus Christ is a good thing - Don't go too weary and discouraged Mary- for at the proper time it will all come to pass and it will reap a harvest in your life - Keep trusting our amazing Father - and remember You can do it - cuz you serve a mighty God that is bigger than all our fears and struggles - Love you hon
Becca