Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Hug Me

I don't mean to be complainy. And I don't intend to use this blog as a forum for my personal ranting. But I'm currently in a state of emotional exhaustion. For my own part, combine reacting (allergically speaking) to some sort of food that I ate today with stress over my thesis. I'm making progress, but it's still hard making myself work. Outside of me, it feels like everyone is currently in a state of crisis. Is there something about the month of March? I seem to remember spending last March crying and not getting assignments done. Last year there was more of a reason. This year, everything's more scattered. With most of my friends who are going through crises, I'm more than happy to reach out (to the extent that I'm able) and act as a support. It's hard feeling like there are several different friends who you really feel the need to pray for, a lot of the time, but it's a good thing. But I just got off the phone with a friend who is continually in a state of panic, and always wants to dump all of her emotional baggage on me. All the while, she claims that no one cares (thank you for that) and threatens the most extreme answer to her situation she can think of.

This is all very difficult, at the end of a long day, when I'm currently trying to move as little as possible thanks to a general icky feeling. (Scientific term.)

There. That's out. Forgive me for bordering on publicly complaining about a friend. I love her dearly, and she's a good and caring friend, but she has a lot of trouble with problem-solving and a generally negative outlook on life.

For a fun change of pace, I'm going to try this afternoon's game again. Fifth sentence on p. 123 of the nearest book...

Now, I'm closest to Saskatchewan Politicians: Lives Past and Present (my complimentary copy!):

"Knowles contested the seat again two years later when the Supreme Court voided thet 1921 result because Johnson failed to disclose some election expenses," from an entry on William Erskine Knowles (1872-1951).

I live a thrilling life.

6 comments:

Meg Persson said...

Oh Mary, I'll hug you. *hug* I'm sorry if I'm being one of those friends, and I'm sorry for being all grumpy and quiet. I love you lots, and I hope your tummy gets better. You've got a big heart hon, and it's hard to carry everyone forever.

Luv ya. No, I LURVE ya! :) lol.

M.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

a.) Love you, and thank you for the hug. And thank you for making your boyfriend hug me.

b.) You're dead to me, for the last line. Ha!

Fishsticks said...

Some might say I have weird comments on stuff, but:

In my opinion, if your friend threatens any extreme actions in the future, phone the crisis line and let them handle it.

She'll either:
a) Be glad that someone phoned them
or b) Be very ticked off and realize that threats are serious and shouldn't be played around with and learn to take more responsibility for her feelings.

I've done this before. It's tough love and not easy. But even though scenario b)happened, the friend was better off in the long run for me doing this.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

JCQ: not that extreme of reactions. It's more like "I lost my bus pass, and so maybe I should just quit my job tomorrow." She's not going to actually do that, and she says that to get a reaction. Thank you for the concern.

arimich said...

*hug* *kick* Love you lots. My suggestion: tackle Karl. It would cheer me up! :)

Becca said...

Hugs from afar - and just to reassure you - I am Praying for YOU... I know that you have an amazing gift for loving and caring for people - I will pray that you will be able to continue to give of yourself in the ways Christ calls you to - no less, no more
Love you
Becca