(That one sentence contained a goodly number of exclamation points.)
- To the University of Toronto (again) for their faint praise rejection letter. "I write with regret to inform you that the Department of History is unable to offer you a place in its PhD programme for 2005-06. The Admissions Committee was impressed by your strong record and letters of recommendation. Unfortunately..." Biggest waste of $90 ever.
- To the vial of allergy serum that broke when my nurse dropped it today (food), meaning I didn't get my food allergy shot. She's ordering a new one, and will be paying for it herself, but until the new one arrives, I get to react to all the food I eat (minus rice, berries and lettuce) and experience swollen joints again.
- To my car being nearly out of gas, and so I was late for the appointment with the nurse.
- To general stress!
- To gas prices, being nearly up to 90 cents per litre!
- To wind warnings!
- To the month of March in general, which will not allow me to press a "Reset" button and start all over again!
And to all of that, I shall shout out loud: "Boooooo!!!"
Now we shall move on to the "Yaaaaay"s of the day:
- To Sears, who sent me a thank you note for registering with them, along with a $10 gift card.
- To the Drabblations cartoon collection that I forgot I ordered, and which arrived in the mail with the U of T rejection letter, my Sears gift card and...
- To Kraft Canada for sending me free recipe magazines! It was addressed to "[My last name] Household", but it still made me feel special. Meg and I are going to try the Almond Chicken recipe from it.
- To the weather, for being above freezing!
- To my nice nurse, who is ordering me more serum!
- To prospects of living in Victoria, which looks really pretty in all the pictures I'm seeing!
- To my lovely friends who sent me well-wishes when I was grumpy yesterday!
- To red sweatpants!
- To my ingenious idea to add strawberry syrup to my tea this afternoon!
And to all of this, I shout a triumphant "Hooraaaaaay!!! Yaaaay!!! Huzzah!"
Take that, U of T!