Friday, July 30, 2010

Last day

Our suitcases are all packed.  I just finished a list of everything we need to do tomorrow morning.  I can't believe that our last full day in Saskatchewan is over now, and it'll probably be another year until we get out here again.

It's a strange place to be, at this point of every summer, when I've had too little sleep, have done too little work, and have not always been the best version of myself because I'm not getting a lot of time to myself.  I'm longing for my bed and my own routine, and at the same time it's hard to face the fact that it'll likely be more than eleven months until I'm in this house again. 

This was a funny summer, because I really only saw immediate family and a few really close friends, and didn't really venture further than that.  There are a few friends whom I didn't even get a chance to contact this time.  That's a first for me.  This week, I spent a lot of time finding ways to stay home and be with my family.  I originally planned to invite people over for a barbecue tonight, but instead Chris and my mom went for a bike ride, while my dad and I watched a football game while I packed.  We were all happier that way. 

And now I'll stop rambling and go to bed.  I'll see you all either in Alberta or BC, folks. 

No comments: