Tuesday, May 04, 2010

We walked on frosted fields of juniper and lamplight

I am That Person Who Owns Every Simon & Garfunkel Album And Doesn't Care If That Means She Has Really Bourgeois Music Tastes, Seeing As It's Not The 1960s.  I blame my mother: she took out some of their albums (especially the Graduate soundtrack) from the library and I listened to them so much and she'd tell me about how much she used to listen to them when she was young.  I ended up buying all their records.  The only one I have on CD is The Sounds of Silence, a fact which used to cause the owner of my favourite used book and record store to harass me that I ought to buy the record for that one as well.

When I heard that they were going to be playing in Vancouver soon, I looked at the prices of tickets, made muttered comments about being so jealous of my friends who could afford tickets that I might karate-chop them in the face (sorry about that, Karl) and then played the B-side of Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme a lot. 

And then today I heard that they had postponed their tour in Canada because of Art Garfunkel's voice.  And then Chris's Dad called us to see if we wanted to go with them to the Saskatoon concert, because it'll now be happening in July when we're back home.  Our tickets will be our early birthday presents from them.

So, yeah.  I'm going to see Simon and Garfunkel in concert.  I haven't really processed that fact yet, but I'm listening to "The Boxer" right now and am singing the harmonies.

5 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

I have most of their songs. They are incredible and I envy you the opportunity to see them live after all these years. Enjoy it to the fullest, QWP.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous right now, that I'm going to karate chop you both in the face.

But I'm also really, really happy for you, too. It's just way too cool that you'll get to see them.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I think I might have to karate chop myself in the face.

Bronwyn said...

You had better be punching the air dramatically. THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

LynnieC said...

You are getting such a karate chop. But I've seen Crosby, Stills and Nash in concert, so I guess I can't be THAT rude to you about it.

But for reals. CHOP IN THE FACE.

And I just read your comment, QWP, and you are seriously the funniest. I miss you most of all.