Friday, November 13, 2009

Giant-Proofing the House

Meg and Karl are on their way over tomorrow, and we've been preparing ourselves for how much the "wee" Andrew has grown since August. So, you remember roughly how big he was when he visited? (Go and check that link. You need to prepare yourself for the comparison.)

Meg just posted this picture of Andrew in his Halloween costume (so, two months after my picture?):
(I've been hearing rumours that he's already hit three feet tall, while still two and a half months away from his second birthday!)

Chris and I were looking around the house and realising that this kid can now reach almost everything that's breakable or dangerous. We're just going to have to play this thing by ear this weekend. Because Chris predicts that Andrew will now be able to reach the knife block on the counter, while I think that's crazy talk. It's a good thing that Chris is planning on wrestling the wee giant all weekend.*

I can't believe it's been a full week since I last posted. It's been a pretty busy week: I met with my supervisor and he helped me figure out how to streamline the research I've been doing. I've also been putting together a clear chapter-by-chapter overview of the whole dissertation, which helps sort out my thoughts. Also, today I went straight from yoga class to McDonalds, which might be defeating the purpose.

Finally, anyone who hasn't seen Chris's House Hippo Adventures needs to go check that out. I have the sweetest, silliest husband ever.

And now I'm going to sleep. (Can you tell that this started off as a coherent blog post and then went ramble-y and sleepy? I've been awake for a very long time now.)


* Apparently the kid really likes to wrestle now? How has he grown up so much? He's this visual reminder of how long it's been since I finished comps, because remember when he was this big?

3 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

That boy is standing on the floor? Have fun. Technically capable. Mentally not... sounds like the whole human race.

DC Power said...

When I saw this before I thought Karl was holding him up. I now see he is standing on the floor.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

He's standing on the floor! And those aren't big boots he's wearing: he's just wearing his regular shoes with cloth over them to look like boots.

I don't know if it's possible to babyproof for someone who is over half of his mother's height!