1. Breakfast smoothies, already made for me and waiting in the fridge by the time I wake up in the morning. (I am spoiled rotten.)
2. Encouragement from my academic hero (this happened several days ago now, but it's still keeping me encouraged), who reminded me that she did all her dissertation research in short trips to Germany, and got better work done because of it.
3. Finding out that much of the primary research material I need actually is available on microfilm in North America. And then ordering four years' worth of a newspaper on microfilm, after getting advice from the Interlibrary Loans librarian. (Translation: I'm about to start doing research that I thought I could only do in Germany.)
4. Ice cream
5. Making arrangements to have two different new-to-Victoria/from-Saskatchewan friends over for supper (one on Thursday and one on Sunday). Now I just need two good meal ideas.
6. My VCR (yes, I'm a dinosaur) is set for two versions of So You Think You Can Dance and for Glee! (Keep in mind that I love musicals, and was heavily involved in show choir when I was in high school.)