Monday, April 20, 2009

GiST Day 79: "Ah me, young love" Edition

1. Cartoon Robin Hood! I watched it with Chris, Ky, Lyn, Ariann, Derek and our friend Julia. Several of us could recite the entire movie, and sing along to all the songs. I love Lady Kluck like crazy. (And, I confess, Prince John. Best cartoon bad guy ever.)

2. My friends Mike and Julia are back from their three-month trip to Asia and are now living in the Vancouver area! We seem to be collecting people on the West Coast.

3. I've said it before, but I'm loving H-Net. I signed up for H-Canada, even though I'm not a Canadianist, and I'm glad I did. It's full of people I know, and they're conducting the most useful and detailed discussion about using cameras in archives. It's like getting pages and pages of useful advice from seasoned historians. I've started copying some of the more helpful advice into my OneNote research file.

4. Today it was sunny and the temperature went up to 20C. Even when we left Ky's house tonight it felt like June outside.

5. My Wee Girlie turned 6 today! She's such a good and smart little girl, and I'm very proud to have her call me Auntie.

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

Robin Hood is likely our entire family's favourite movie.