1. Today we were supposed to have our Wednesday night church meeting at someone else's house tonight, but they were sick and so today I volunteered to host it here. I don't think I've ever been able to do that before, just call up people and say "Sure! The whole church can come to my house in a few hours from now and I will be prepared for you!" But our house was completely clean already (for once), and so all we had to do was wash the supper dishes and move the furniture around a bit, and it wasn't this big rush of cleaning like it usually is (even when I have a week's notice). It felt good to be able to do that. Maybe that's my incentive to keep the house tidy.
2. I've been getting a lot of work done lately. Like, a lot more than I've done in a while. Keeping up on my work and keeping my house clean? That's a good feeling.
3. Guacamole. I made guacamole for the snack tonight. I'm crazy about that stuff.
4. Did you know that we still have Halloween candy in our house? I keep forgetting about that stuff. It's exciting every time I find it.
5. Seriously: I was even able to leave the bedroom door open, without having to use that room to be my "hide all the mess so the visitors think the house is clean" room. How did this happen?