Monday, January 26, 2009

Grace in Small Things: Day 5

1. It automatically gets chalked up as a positive that I've managed to remember to update this before bedtime today. I don't have to fudge the date and the time for once. Pat myself on the back.

2. Homemade peanut butter cookies.

3. You know, this cold ended up going away after like a single day. Sure, there's a bit of a sore throat sometimes, and I have to pace myself when I work, but this I can handle. It's like the easiest cold I've ever had. Take that, wimpy cold!

4. Everything's really coming together for the Up-Island Conference next weekend. We've worked out all the stressful details, and now I can just look forward to the weekend. I love this conference, and I love that I've gotten to help run it for two years in a row. Even though I'll be spending the weekend running around with digital projectors and name tags, I always end up feeling rested when I go there. It helps that we're going to an ocean-side resort.

5. The #5 spot on my thankfulness list goes to my friend Lee, because I'm so glad that he's home from the hospital and doing so well. (In fact, he's now doing well enough that he's taking care of Andrea, who has caught my cold.)

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

Speaking of up-island - a man of hte cloth got on a bus in Victoria, headed up Island. The only seat was beside a friendly but very inebriated chap who offered him a drink from the bottle in a brown paper bag. "I do not drink", was the stuffy reply. "I'll have you know I'm a Duncan pastor". "Thash hokay, thash what they call me too".