Saturday, August 09, 2008

Agenda for the last few days

  • Tonight: mini-golf again, this time with my high school friends (and with Ky's high school friends -- they keep intermarrying)
  • Tomorrow: go to church, and then Chris and a friend of ours finish a game of Civilization 3 while his wife and daughter and I possibly attempt canning. Or maybe we'll bake.
  • Monday: pack, help Ky load the U-Haul, hang out with the Wee Girlie's family, run by Chris's parents' house and pack up our things that are at their house. And pack some more.
  • Tuesday: Drive to Calgary.
And then that's that. I can't believe I've been in Saskatchewan for so many weeks now; it still feels like we didn't have enough time. I'm glad that I managed to have only one minor "I don't know hoooow we're going to doooo everything we've plaaaaaned!" meltdown, and that the meltdown was easily resolved. That's an improvement. (It helps that we were here for five and a half weeks and got to see everyone at least once.) But I still have a list of everything that I thought I'd be able to do this summer and didn't get to do. I still haven't preserved and organised Grandma's papers and pictures. We didn't do anything in the backyard. I'm about two weeks behind on my German and need to get working on putting together my historiography for my dissertation. I still need to track down a Doktorvater for the German funding application. And so there's part of my brain that's panicking about the fact that it's mid-August already.

Of course, there's part of me that recognises that I'm tired from all the summer activity, that's aching to get back to my own bed and my own routine and my own teapot. I think I need to spend a couple of days by myself to clear out my head; I'm all peopled out for now.

(And now I cheered right up when Mom came in and suggested she get goat cheese for supper! I heart goat cheese.)

3 comments:

Teacher Lady said...

So did you end up canning Chris and Mark? That seems kind of extreme reaction just because they want to play a game.

The Blog Fodder said...

What is a Dorkovator?

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Uncle Al: essentially, it's a supervisor. I'm applying to a German funding agency that requires I find one in Germany before I go.