Friday, February 15, 2008

You know?

Yesterday was actually really nice. We went to the video store first, on our way to the restaurant. We had also determined that we were going to rent some old movie. But we should have gone to Rogers Video instead of Blockbuster. The only black-and-white comedy in the whole store was Some Like It Hot, and it was already rented. We were having a lot of trouble figuring out what to rent, and then I found The Sting. On the day we started dating, we watched that movie with his brother Geoff. We used to have so many inside jokes based on that movie, but we hadn't seen it in six years.

The good thing about going to a restaurant like Kelsey's is that it's on the edge of town, and so most people from our city think that such a place is too "far away" (a 15 minute drive from our house). And so we just had a normal meal, where we even got a booth and weren't stuck out in the middle of the floor. Our spot was well-lit and it wasn't too loud. I'm glad that we went somewhere where we could order chicken wings as appetizers. As we ate, we joked as we tried to remember what we were like when we first started dating. We reminisced about how Chris used to interrupt our dates to go tuck his (then-high-school-aged) little brother in to bed.

It was really nice to get out of the house in the middle of the week, even if it was on such a busy and insane night. Remind me to leave the house more often.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that was one of the sweetest-most-romantic-yet-didn't-make-me-want-to-gag, posts EVER! thank you for sharing, girl... :)

Anonymous said...

I love that Chris tucked in Jeff. It makes me feel less bad that last week, I totally made Bronwyn tuck me in. Of course, I'm 10 years out of high school...

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Huzzah! I made Stephanie not feel like gagging! :)