Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The things I do to get work done

Time: 12:43pm

Location: Desk in my home office, with the lights on (it is very dark out today) and a space heater running at my feet.

Tea of the day: Japanese Treasures green tea with real pieces of strawberry and red currant. (It was my favourite of Meg's teas, and she took me to get some of my own when I was in Vancouver).

Teacup of the day: Grandma's yellow roses Royal Albert cup and saucer.
I have eaten: cheese, many many oranges, and a bowl of popcorn.

I am wearing: black t-shirt with powder blue pants. Over that I'm wearing a pink silk robe, a red long scarf looped around dramatically, and black slippers. With my long hair I am a pair of tiny wire glasses, a laudanum addiction, and a case of tuberculosis away from being a Romantic-era poet.

What I have accomplished today: I've marked a couple of papers, talked on the phone with my Mom, watched an episode of Design Inc. on HGTV (and shut off the TV before I could get drawn in to the fun British real estate shows), made a bowl of popcorn and a pot of tea, and procrastinated on walking to the bank.

What I need to get done: Finish about ten more essays, read a book, finish cleaning up before we host prayer meeting at our house tonight, consume something that isn't in the popcorn/tea/cheese/pickles family.

4 comments:

Andi said...

Isn't Design Inc the best show ever? It's my fav on HGTV.

Sorry I didn't call you back tonight. Lee and I got all excited making dinner rolls, and by the time I remembered, it was almost 7:30. I didn't want to interrupt your prayer meeting. But I hope you had a good time, and I will give you a call tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

Btw, you rocked as the auction organizer!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I love Sarah Richardson so much! Also: Tommy.

It's all good! I was so busy getting my house de-grossified that I completely forgot as well.

Anonymous said...

"With my long hair I am a pair of tiny wire glasses, a laudanum addiction, and a case of tuberculosis away from being a Romantic-era poet."

lol. You just made my day!!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Thanks kindly, Dixie.

I confess that I came up with that joke in my head earlier that day and constructed the entire blog post around it.