Tuesday, November 27, 2007

From spontaneous member of a hiring committee yesterday...

...to our department's answer to Vanna White today!

At least I mostly knew that that last one was going to happen. I'm the TA hired to help organise our department's grad student conference, and part of that job is helping to run the fundraiser auction. Yesterday, the prof in charge asked me if I'd be the one to help the auctioneer. Which led to an entire day of joking about how I was the evening's Vanna. Which led to me wearing my little black dress to the event. Which led to me cheesily modeling the different items up for auction, complete with plastic smile, big gestures and golf clap.

Uh, I think this evening's events have now established a reputation for myself in the department. People know who I am now. But possibly think I'm insane.

(For myself, I only placed bids in the silent auction. I came home with a hot pink silk robe that our secretary's sister brought home from Vietnam. I'm wearing it over my Vanna clothes right now.)

No comments: