Sunday, October 28, 2007

What is currently weirding me out

I am watching the Gemini Awards. (For non-Canadians, is like the Canadian Emmy Awards.) And it's in Regina. In the Centre of the Arts. (Okay, I have no idea what they currently call it, since the city sold out and re-named all its landmarks.) This is entirely bizarre to me. You have to understand the role that the Centre of the Arts in a young Regina kid's life. Every eight- million-year-long high school graduation I've ever attended and every even-longer university convocation has been held in this auditorium. Most of the plays I've watched have been there. Between the bands and choirs that I've been in (especially the Optimist Band Festival, where we pretty much lived all over that building for days), I've spent hundreds of hours there. We're talkinig about having our 10-year reunion there. This place is like home to me.

And, right now, it's filled with every possible Canadian-born famous TV person possible. Seriously, it's like Anne Heche, Corey Haim, Sarah Chalke, Lana Lang from Smallville are all hanging out in my parent's living room. In a space that's normally only on TV if the cable access channel decided to televise an event. Paul Gross and Jason Priestly were just standing together on the spot where I received my high school diploma.

Seriously, this is beyond weird. Especially the randomness of of the "celebrities" that are there.

P.S. Canadians elected Howie Mandel as our most favourite TV personality? For shame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conexus Centre of the Arts I believe.

I thought celebrities often visited your parents living room. I mean, hey, I've been there.

Anonymous said...

He's right. Celebrity's have been in your parents' living room. I mean, your Dad's like bff with Mr. T and Johnny Depp. They even have a club called "The David, Johnny and T Love Hanging out in the Cotcher's Living Room Club."
This is really funny to me, but I haven't been sleeping and I've had a lot of sugar lately.