Friday, September 07, 2007

First week of school

Okay, I'm starting to warm up to the bustle and newness of the Fall Semester. I was excited to attend the first lecture of one of my TAing gigs, to be introduced to the class, to help with the overhead projector and handing out the syllabi. After the class, the professor and I sat down and strategised this semester's teaching and my hours, and it was a nice. It was a break from the reading and the routine. I even got some reading done during my breaks, even though yesterday was insane.

I'm clearly more self-confident, now that I've reached my third year here. I handled the madness of the bus, and even sat down in a seat that an iPod-wearing girl was using as a footrest, rather than inwardly fuming about her lack of Bus Etiquette. I navigated my way around all the little tents and displays all over campus, and managed to keep myself from being trapped by someone selling something. After the lecture and the subsequent meeting, I headed right to the grad common room and found friends there.

Of course, I then got my share of shyness and insecurity later in the day, by attending Chris's school's Kick-Off Barbeque.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news. It turns out that I am giving a tutorial. Calculus for engineers.

Fun times.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Oh goodness. You're teaching engineers?

Crazy times.