- Apricot freezer jam: a success! And I'm not sharing any with you, only with my lovely landlady, because...
- She brought us down curried beef for supper! My landlady's nicer than yours. If you have a landlady.
- Tonight's experiment: pesto!
- Chris is frustrated with himself, because he bought a telescope last year that seemed to be missing a part. And so he didn't use it all year. Then, yesterday he found the same one at Salvation Army (missing a stand, but containing the missing part) and so he bought it. That's when he took apart the old telescope, and discovered the missing part. Inside the telescope. Which is when he realised that he had a fully-functional telescope for a whole year and didn't use it. This is devastating for a man whose home page is space.com.
- The effects of having cable (and of having spent the summer with certain silly cousins): I was way too excited about last night's So You Think You Can Dance? finale. In fact, minutes after the show started, I phoned Bronwyn just to ask "What the h is Cat Deeley wearing?" She was an explosion of tulle, with some butterflies mushed to her head.
- We won't mention where Chris was, when SYTYCD was on the TV. He just maintains that he was assembling the telescope, and the show just happened to be on in the same room as him. Never mind the moment when he shouted "I love you Neil!" when Neil did his Wookiee impression.
- It's not so difficult keeping myself reading for comps when I have to read books like this. I love it so much. But that's because I love Parisian urban history so much. It gives me flashbacks to the travel-to-Paris-and-Berlin course that Lyn and I took.
- Also helpful: trying to work only during the day, so that I can use my evenings for the important things in life. Like cooking and reality TV.
Friday, August 17, 2007
I have a bunch of random points to make, and so...