Sunday, July 29, 2007

If it wasn't for me...

Chris would still believe the following:
1. That "BYOB" means "Bring Your Own Beef" ("Chris, if I hadn't informed you otherwise, and you had received an invitation that said 'BYOB...'" "...I would have assumed we were barbequeing and brought a raw steak.");
2. That garbanzo beans are imaginary;
3. That Spanish musicians play "flamingo" guitar. ("I had a whole explanation about the word origin figured out in my head, involving South America and flamingos.")

*****

Now that I've mocked my husband sufficiently, I turn the mockery back to myself. Yesterday I went to the beach, and I was so diligent about the sunblock, except...I forgot my face. Until after we went swimming. I am about the colour of a tomato right now, on my face, my scalp, and the tops of my ears, except that I wore sunglasses while I was in the water. And so there are big white circles around my eyes.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch. I look ridiculous. And have no way to avoid being in public for the next few days.

5 comments:

RTAs said...

Christopher... you can definitely expect to receive several of kilos of garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) from Cousin Ang this Christmas! I could go on, but won't... I know so much about SK's grain processing capabilities its embarrassing.

Andi said...

oh no!!! Ouch, that is so fun at all. I'm sorry! If it makes you feel better, at least you didn't sunburn your feet and legs, like Lee did. :(

Andi said...

oops, I meant no fun at all. ::smacks forehead::

StyleyGeek said...

Um, what does BYOB stand for? :)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Andrea: Chris burnt this odd patch on his ankle. Apparently, that was the spot that he missed.

Styleygeek: It originated with "Bring Your Own Bottle," meaning that drinks aren't provided. (People tend to make the last "B" mean "booze" or "beer" frequently, but understanding that same meaning. Since I'm such a teetotaller, I like the "bottle" inference, because I tend to bring along something like pop or juice.)