Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bound for Pender Island

This week has been hectic. I had one of my more difficult meetings today (and it ended up going for three hours), and I've been reading day and night for the past few days, trying to get adequately prepared.

But now the meeting is over. It went well. And the reading will go more quickly, now that I know what this professor is looking for and what sort of reading I should be doing (this was our first meeting, and every prof is different when it comes to comps).

And now I get a bit of a break. A few of the women from my department are going to spend Thursday and Friday at a cabin on Pender Island. It sounds like we might do a little bit of reading out there (three of us are comps reading, and the fourth is working on her MA thesis), but we're also going to be hiking and playing games and eating well and sitting in the sun. And the four of us get along really well. It'll be a nice dynamic.

I can't tell you how excited I am to be doing this. I am so ready for a break.

No comments: