Monday, February 05, 2007

Updates of Crazy

Item one: The funeral went really well. It was lovely, and perfect for Grandma. And I told funny stories about her. I always love to make people laugh at funerals.

Item two: So, we took my dad into the emergency room in North Battleford, and then he was flown to the hospital here in Regina. He suddenly got a lot worse, and they're figuring out what's going on. Ack. And I'm flying home to Victoria tomorrow.

Item three: I just talked to Chris, and apparently the hot water heater burst while we were gone, and our apartment is covered in water. Thankfully, nothing of ours got damaged. (They'll have to replace flooring, but we cleaned before we left! And the office is elevated, and so none of our stuff in the office -- such as Chris's computer -- got damaged.) Note to self: get renters' insurance.

I'll be writing more about all three of these in the next few days, but I had to update while I had the chance. Now I'm off to Emergency to see Dad.

2 comments:

Leslie M-B said...

I'm sending good thoughts in your dad's direction.

Careful with the water in your place--that's what started my whole mushroom fiasco. :P

Queen of West Procrastination said...

*Shudder* You know how I am with those carpet mushrooms. No, they're planning on replacing all the flooring that got wet, because it's covered in their house insurance.