Monday, February 12, 2007

More posts that are only interesting if you know me

I have some potential good news! The fans worked far better than the flood repair company had hoped, and now the only repair that needs to be done in our apartment is part of two walls. Other than that, they just have to replace the living room carpet and we can move back home. As long as the insurance adjustor stops dragging his feet, we should be home by the end of the week! This is the best news ever. These days, the idea of sleeping in my own bed is very close to my idea of heaven.

In the meanwhile, I'm doing well here. I've allowed myself several days of vacation. I only got back to comps work late this afternoon. Before that, I read a book for fun, watched Anne of Green Gables, ate uncooked Mr. Noodles and watched Saved by the Bell with the household teenaged girl, and cooked. In Parksville I attended a couple of conference sessions, but also explored the beach and swam. (Chris and I took some really cool pictures, which I'll post to my Flickr account when I'm back home and using our network, and not faint unencrypted wireless.) The good thing is that now I'm ready to get back to work. I'm actually excited to head over to the office tomorrow and get working on finalising my major comps list. It was nice to spend an entire day reading Anne of the Island, but I'm ready to be productive again.

No comments: